Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
ZLJ24 and AXO Motors gone awry
I have a  ZLJ24 with two AXO motors on swing gates with a remote control and keypad, they have given problems from time to time after heavy rain but usually sort themselves out - the position of the cables which feed the swing motors is not ideal and there have been problems with water getting into the junction boxes. Unfortunately would appear luck has run out. At the weekend the right gate began a routine of trying to close, getting about a 1/3rd in and then reversing like it had hit an object. The left gate would start and then stop also. The left gate then refused to do anything at all.

I took both motors off, opened them and cleaned them both and regreased, made sure there was no friction on the gate itself, checked the electrical connections at the junction boxes ( these have been problematic in the past with water ingress ), cleaned the photocells and refitted the motors to the gates - they move freely in manual mode. 
Both motors run ( I tested both using the right side connector - but both motors still had the same symptoms i.e. would run to a point and then stop and open again - I tried them disconnected from the gate, same result, so seems more a control board issue than the motor itself). The motors are only wired for power - i.e. 3 cables into the motor.

I can't run the encoder test to try and reset travel etc on the gates as it will run the close cycle for one gate, then try the close for the 2nd gate ( which will fail as the motor wont run ), try and open the same gate and then throws an error.

I can operate the right motor from the MOT option but the left motor wont run. The relays for the left motor are clicking.

I then disconnected the cabling on the left motor to check what voltage was being sent during the test - I can see 36v being sent - when I then plug in the motor and run the test its showing 0V. When I check the voltage on the other gate its 24v when the motor is running. 

I did a full reset on the control panel to see if it would help cure it but that has made the right gate do a bunch of erratic things (the fob will open but you cant then stop the gate in desired position with another press, it reverses and goes again) so I've shut the system off at the breaker. 

I'm at a loss what to do next - suggestions welcome

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble accessing ZLJ24 Control Panel Box chich 2 364 06-10-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: chich
  CAME ZLJ24 Control Panel SmtsFnd 5 4,151 08-05-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  ZLJ24 Reversed Paulgates 1 1,833 15-04-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Jakedugmore
  Came ZLJ24 Lyneve 1 4,577 16-07-2021, 12:35 PM
Last Post: JamieF
  Help with intercom to Came ZLJ24 paulaj 0 5,415 15-06-2020, 06:27 PM
Last Post: paulaj
  CAME ZLJ24 panel - Open gate indicator-light Domcov 1 17,693 02-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  Came ZM3E and Frog Motors both opening on M1 not seperately giuseppem 1 16,472 11-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Automatic-TC