Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Faulty Beninca RF transmitter for safety edge
Hi there I hope somebody in this forum can help me!

I have a Beninca 868mhz RF transmitter wired to the safety edge on my gate. It recently stopped working and gate company said it was because it was draining the 2xAA batteries. Gate company fitted a new Beninca 868 RF transmitter but it would not work at all, they tried 3 different ones! So now I have the old transmitter back on the gate and the gate is working fine, but I have to change the batteries every 3 days! Gate company suggest to try Beninca 869mhz transmitters instead.

Anybody any idea why the transmitter is draining the batteries, and why the replacement transmitters would not work at all?

What should I do next?

Thanks!
(21-07-2024, 01:01 PM)JKR2 Wrote: Hi there I hope somebody in this forum can help me!

I have a Beninca 868mhz RF transmitter wired to the safety edge on my gate. It recently stopped working and gate company said it was because it was draining the 2xAA batteries. Gate company fitted a new Beninca 868 RF transmitter but it would not work at all, they tried 3 different ones! So now I have the old transmitter back on the gate and the gate is working fine, but I have to change the batteries every 3 days! Gate company suggest to try Beninca 869mhz transmitters instead.

Anybody any idea why the transmitter is draining the batteries, and why the replacement transmitters would not work at all?

What should I do next?

Thanks!

Hi,

Batteries draining quickly can be caused by the presence of water. Have you checked the transmitter for any possible water ingress?

Jake.
(25-07-2024, 02:49 PM)Jakedugmore Wrote:
(21-07-2024, 01:01 PM)JKR2 Wrote: Hi there I hope somebody in this forum can help me!

What should I do next?

Thanks!

Hi,

Batteries draining quickly can be caused by the presence of water. Have you checked the transmitter for any possible water ingress?

Jake.

Thanks Jake, and yes checked for that and seems dry.

Any idea why it works fine until the batteries drain, but a new identical 868 one would not work at all?
(25-07-2024, 03:06 PM)JKR2 Wrote:
(25-07-2024, 02:49 PM)Jakedugmore Wrote:

What should I do next?

Thanks!

Hi,

Jake.

Thanks Jake, and yes checked for that and seems dry.

Any idea why it works fine until the batteries drain, but a new identical 868 one would not work at all?

Hi,

Did you correctly program the new transmitter into the board?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beninca R1.6E - Photo Cell Issue billy 0 5,176 14-05-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: billy
  Beninca motors and Control unit sergomes 2 26,958 10-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Automatic-TC
  Combined remote for Beninca/Cardale? londonthing 0 9,003 22-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Last Post: londonthing
  safety edge problem gandalf-the-white 1 10,334 01-09-2016, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Sav
  Board showing red dot when transmitter pressed, not opening though SamuelWestwood 1 9,488 13-05-2016, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Sav