Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Unexplained Faults
Hi all. I hope someone can help me understand the issues we're having with some auto gates we have at work. I don't know the model numbers without being there and getting them off the control unit, motors, etc. and will update the post when I can get them.

Anyway, this seems to only affect our vehicle gates, but one of the issues we're having is that when vehicles drive through, the sensors stop the gates for a moment if the vehicle interrupts the cycle by going through early (which is normal) but most times will not continue the cycle when the vehicle has cleared. It should continue to open after the car goes through before shutting again but it often stays stuck open like it forgets to continue, which isn't normal. If the gates are fobbed when this happens, they seem to remember to open and shut again, but the blubus appears normal when you check the control unit to see what the fault was before fobbing it.

Another thing we're stumped on is that we have paxton linked in to open the gates on a timezone. Most of the time it works as intended, but occasionally they will not shut when they're no longer meant to be open. The panel will show normal blubus and the open light isn't illuminated, but still the gate is open. Again, this can sometimes be rectified upon fobbing the gates, but sometimes even fobbing them won't work either and we usually need to run a position search to get any sort of movement out of the gates.

Any ideas if there could be faulty components causing this, and if so which ones? Currently our engineer who deals with our Paxton issues, our gate engineer and our IT technician seem to be blaming each other for the faults and it's not clear why these gates are working so intermittently. 

Thanks for reading.