Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Intro and help
Hi everyone. Moved into a house which had electric gates fitted 2 years ago.  Manufacturer is Roger Technologies. They are swing gates with underground motors. I want to service them myself however manufacturer is not being helpful with any information. Simply offering contact details of  “service engineers” in my area. I am very hands on. Is it possible to service these myself and more importantly where can I get information on what needs doing?
Thanks in advance for any help.
(08-09-2024, 04:55 PM)Tomsdad Wrote: Hi everyone. Moved into a house which had electric gates fitted 2 years ago.  Manufacturer is Roger Technologies. They are swing gates with underground motors. I want to service them myself however manufacturer is not being helpful with any information. Simply offering contact details of  “service engineers” in my area. I am very hands on. Is it possible to service these myself and more importantly where can I get information on what needs doing?

Hi,

Simple cleaning and lubrication is more than adequate for servicing; i would stay away from changing any setting on the panel.

Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(13-09-2024, 10:32 AM)JoeF Wrote:
(08-09-2024, 04:55 PM)Tomsdad Wrote: Hi everyone. Moved into a house which had electric gates fitted 2 years ago.  Manufacturer is Roger Technologies. They are swing gates with underground motors. I want to service them myself however manufacturer is not being helpful with any information. Simply offering contact details of  “service engineers” in my area. I am very hands on. Is it possible to service these myself and more importantly where can I get information on what needs doing?

Hi,

Simple cleaning and lubrication is more than adequate for servicing; i would stay away from changing any setting on the panel.

Joe
Hey Joe. Thanks for the reply. I took the covers off today. Loads of spiders and cobwebs but surprisingly bone dry. One issue though is that on one gate there is a grease nipple ( see photo) and on the other it seems to be broken off. The grease area is presumably the metal gate swivel point. Either I try to remove and replace broken grease nipple or just lift gate ( heavy) and repack with grease.

Attached Files Image(s)