Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
BFT Sliding Gate randomly opening and closing
Hello All,

I have a BFT Deimos sliding gate that when fully closed, will randomly start opening and then stop half way, start closing again, stop before closing, and start opening again.
The gate has worked perfectly fine for a decade, and suddenly started playing up.

I have replaced the photocells, both entry and exit pin pads, gate motor and board. I have also tried using the autoset function so the gate can relearn itself, however the problem still happens right away afterwards. 

Open to all suggestions, I'm at a loss as to why this would suddenly start happening, Please help!
Hi Adrian,

Have you disconnected all accessories from the board such as push button, intercom, keypads?
I would disconnect all accessories from the board just in case one of these are causing the issue.

Regards
Mike
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
(12-02-2024, 12:48 PM)AdrianMate Wrote: Hello All,

I have a BFT Deimos sliding gate that when fully closed, will randomly start opening and then stop half way, start closing again, stop before closing, and start opening again.
The gate has worked perfectly fine for a decade, and suddenly started playing up.

I have replaced the photocells, both entry and exit pin pads, gate motor and board. I have also tried using the autoset function so the gate can relearn itself, however the problem still happens right away afterwards. 

Open to all suggestions, I'm at a loss as to why this would suddenly start happening, Please help!

Did u ever fix this issue ?
My gates are doing the same. We have the right side as pedestrian and then both can open together to let cars in/out the driveway. 
The pedestrian side opens by itself then goes back and forth. After it does this, the intercom won't work to open the pedestrian side, or the manual press-to-exit button, but the remote controls do still work.

I have replaced the intercom receiver module as the old one was corroded. I can get it all working well after turning fully off/on etc, then after a few minutes it will just do it by itself again.

Any ideas what would be causing this?
Just an update for everyone as I completely forgot about this post.

I ended up replacing the control board (motherboard) and it works perfectly fine again, the old board for some unlucky reason was just playing silly and must've got slightly corrupted during a power surge/outage (that's just my guess)

To answer some other questions, Yes I did disconnect every accessories adding each back one at a time, I tried replacing everything apart of the system that I thought could be the problem until for some reason I got suspicious about the control board
(05-06-2024, 11:14 AM)AdrianMate Wrote: Just an update for everyone as I completely forgot about this post.

I ended up replacing the control board (motherboard) and it works perfectly fine again, the old board for some unlucky reason was just playing silly and must've got slightly corrupted during a power surge/outage (that's just my guess)

To answer some other questions, Yes I did disconnect every accessories adding each back one at a time, I tried replacing everything apart of the system that I thought could be the problem until for some reason I got suspicious about the control board

Hi Adrian,

thanks for the update.

take care.

Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BFT LUX G BT 2B gate won't open or close fully PaulR 1 681 17-07-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: benbrooks
  Gate radio receiver not working Zhymke 0 498 23-05-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Zhymke
  Gate wont close issue MR_ROBOT 3 11,140 11-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: JoeF
  Bft gate problem djkokalis 1 2,443 14-02-2024, 12:39 PM
  BFT Rigel 4 - single Gate Not Closing Tsnash 1 2,146 04-01-2024, 10:21 AM
  BFT sliding gate intermittent operation vozm100 5 3,520 02-10-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Michael
  BFT opening problem 8 47,694 08-08-2023, 02:14 PM
  Set remote to “only open” gate mark123499 4 5,008 30-05-2023, 01:57 PM
Last Post: mark123499
Exclamation BfT Sub R - No Closing pressure 1 Leaf Bushpig 2 4,046 23-05-2023, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Bushpig
  BFT SubR not opening/closing sometimes Jimmyboy4 3 3,983 09-01-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SamA