Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
E124 stuck at “bo” after failed firmware update
So I was having some trouble where every month or so, our gate would randomly get out of the mode where keypad signal always opens it (with auto-close after 45 seconds), and instead would enter into the mode where the keypad (or other signal) just toggles the state open-stop-close. Very dangerous because cars going over the exit loop could cause the gate to start closing (luckily we have other loops that will cause it to stop closing if a car gets within the swing area).

I hooked it up to my Mac, but the EasyBoard app looked cryptic (pictured). I couldn’t fix that. So against my better judgment, I navigated to the latest 3.4 firmware file and started a firmware updated.  The update hung with no progress (pictured). I left it like that for 10-15 minutes, but gave up waiting and clicked some dialogs to cancel (though they were cryptic so I couldn’t read them).

Anyway, now it’s stuck at “bo” on the display.  The buttons don’t do anything. The reset button will cycle power, but nothing else. It won’t connect over USB.  What now?

Attached Files Image(s)

(18-07-2024, 02:43 AM)crazyjncsu Wrote: So I was having some trouble where every month or so, our gate would randomly get out of the mode where keypad signal always opens it (with auto-close after 45 seconds), and instead would enter into the mode where the keypad (or other signal) just toggles the state open-stop-close. Very dangerous because cars going over the exit loop could cause the gate to start closing (luckily we have other loops that will cause it to stop closing if a car gets within the swing area).

I hooked it up to my Mac, but the EasyBoard app looked cryptic (pictured). I couldn’t fix that. So against my better judgment, I navigated to the latest 3.4 firmware file and started a firmware updated.  The update hung with no progress (pictured). I left it like that for 10-15 minutes, but gave up waiting and clicked some dialogs to cancel (though they were cryptic so I couldn’t read them).

Anyway, now it’s stuck at “bo” on the display.  The buttons don’t do anything. The reset button will cycle power, but nothing else. It won’t connect over USB.  What now?
Hi, 

I would recommend speaking to FAAC technical as from your description it sounds as if the firmware is glitching. I don't know if this would be repairable or not, however FAAC technical would be able to advise best on this issue.

Many thanks,
Jake
I called them. It sounds like I bricked it. I didn’t realize this was possible.
(20-07-2024, 02:59 PM)crazyjncsu Wrote: I called them. It sounds like I bricked it. I didn’t realize this was possible.

Hi,

Strange however, it can happen with Firmware updates if they do not go through correctly

Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products