Thread Rating:
  • 421 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
poor remote range
I've got a ML700 opener and a metal door. The remote works fine inside the garage but won't open the door from outside more than about 3 feet from the door. Chamberlain's helpline suggests using a ANT4X-1LM external antenna but it requires a co-ax connection while the ML700 has a single wire aerial soldered straight onto the circuit board.

Anyone know how to connect this aerial so it will work? Thanks
You would need to connect the inner of the coax onto the single piece or wire and the outer of the coax could be attatched to the case of the garage motor. This can be tested by just adding a piece of wire to the single wire ariel and poking it outside the door. However many things can cause this problem if you radio reciever inside the motor is developing a fault or if you have local interference blocking you signals adding the ariel may or may not help
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News
Actually, things have moved on a bit since then. I bought the ANT4X aerial and connected it just as you suggested. I've now got two doors equipped in exactly the same way. One works really well, with a remote range of 30feet plus. The original one is still really poor at no more than 6 feet. It's not the remote as both remotes work both doors with the same result. Do I need a new main circuit board? It was like this from new.
Actually, things have moved on a bit since then. I bought the ANT4X aerial and connected it just as you suggested. I've now got two doors equipped in exactly the same way. One works really well, with a remote range of 30feet plus. The original one is still really poor at no more than 6 feet. It's not the remote as both remotes work both doors with the same result. Do I need a new main circuit board? It was like this from new.
This sounds like you have a Radio reciever problem and would need a new control board for the Garage motor as the radio reciever does not come as a seperate part.

We can supply the circuit board part no : 041a5734-D available at £52.80+vat and delivery
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't reset remote for 5000UK david230757 3 15,821 16-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Sav
  remote will open but not close garage door Sharon OWest 4 21,725 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Last Post: DJBenz