Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Underground aluminium motors and corrosion
Hello folks,
Im just about to fit a pair of Roger BR21 motors into their galvanised UG boxes and im concerned that the bare aluminium castings of the motors will start to corrode.
I live in a coastal area and that only adds more likelihood of corrosion.

Ive searched on this forum but cant find any relative info on whether these are susceptible to corrosion or how long people have had trouble free service etc.
I was considering either a good coat of waxoyl or even a couple light coats of hammerite smooth spray just to add a little protection.
Obviously, this voids the warranty - but its bothering me, especially as theyre all clean and fresh right now, before i sit them in the ground.

Any advice or suggestions are very very welcome!
(17-05-2023, 11:09 AM)gatebotherer Wrote: Hello folks,
Im just about to fit a pair of Roger BR21 motors into their galvanised UG boxes and im concerned that the bare aluminium castings of the motors will start to corrode.
I live in a coastal area and that only adds more likelihood of corrosion.

Ive searched on this forum but cant find any relative info on whether these are susceptible to corrosion or how long people have had trouble free service etc.
I was considering either a good coat of waxoyl or even a couple light coats of hammerite smooth spray just to add a little protection.
Obviously, this voids the warranty - but its bothering me, especially as theyre all clean and fresh right now, before i sit them in the ground.

Any advice or suggestions are very very welcome!

Hi,

Most manufacturers supply a stainless steel variation foundation box or anti corrosion foundation boxes however, they are usually purchased seperately.

Joe
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New underground motors doesn't pause Mahammad 1 2,178 03-05-2022, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Getting motors working together Rich123 0 7,126 22-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Rich123
  Frog A gate motors granddadbaza 1 12,457 19-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Last Post: granddadbaza
  Major Problems with Q71B and MyHook Motors roundyuk 1 10,977 26-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Blakey111
Exclamation Which Motors to choose? Cinders 0 6,218 14-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Cinders