Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Do I need a 'radio board' with Genius JA592
I'm just about to buy replacement parts for my broken automatic gate. I had a Genius JA592  which has failed and I used Genius Amigo remotes. It also has an old Videx B&W gate intercom/keypad/camera.

I have read the JA592 instructions and I cannot find anything about programming remotes in it. I can't see any plug-in module on the old JA592 motherboard (but maybe it got removed when it was dismantled - I can't remember) - I assumed that the facility for radio remotes was built-in to the motherboard, but as it's not referred to in the instructions, I'm starting to wonder if maybe not. Or maybe the radio receiver is built into the Videx keypad/camera module?

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy a new radio board as well, to work with my amigo keyfobs, and if so, what the part number is?

Thankyou.
(12-09-2022, 09:29 AM)ivan Wrote: I'm just about to buy replacement parts for my broken automatic gate. I had a Genius JA592  which has failed and I used Genius Amigo remotes. It also has an old Videx B&W gate intercom/keypad/camera.

I have read the JA592 instructions and I cannot find anything about programming remotes in it. I can't see any plug-in module on the old JA592 motherboard (but maybe it got removed when it was dismantled - I can't remember) - I assumed that the facility for radio remotes was built-in to the motherboard, but as it's not referred to in the instructions, I'm starting to wonder if maybe not. Or maybe the radio receiver is built into the Videx keypad/camera module?

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy a new radio board as well, to work with my amigo keyfobs, and if so, what the part number is?

Thankyou.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your enquiry,

Out of interest have you tried swapping the batteries in your remotes as it could be an issue with the batteries inside the remotes have become drained and therefore not working.

Furthermore, I would check what is connected into terminals 9, 10 and 17, 18 on your control board as these outputs look like there is potential for a receiver to be connected in here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Many thanks 

Ben
Gate Automation and Access Control from EasyGates Retail Store

EasyGates Trade Store for Trade only

Smart Home Tech from The Smart and Secure Centre

Smart Home News from Smart Home Matters
Thanks Ben,   It's definitely the main board that has failed, as it was causing the gates to do erratic things, and then they stipped altogether. When we looked at the main board, there is evidence of damage/burning (caused by a slug crawling across the electronics!), so I'm confident in the remotes. Yes, you're right - there could be something somewhere else that is switching the contacts on the board to open the gates....but I'm guessing it is 'Genius' brand, as it was all put in together and most of the other parts are Genius. I'm just not sure where to look or what I'm looking for.
(20-09-2022, 12:45 PM)ivan Wrote: Thanks Ben,   It's definitely the main board that has failed, as it was causing the gates to do erratic things, and then they stipped altogether. When we looked at the main board, there is evidence of damage/burning (caused by a slug crawling across the electronics!), so I'm confident in the remotes. Yes, you're right - there could be something somewhere else that is switching the contacts on the board to open the gates....but I'm guessing it is 'Genius' brand, as it was all put in together and most of the other parts are Genius. I'm just not sure where to look or what I'm looking for.

Good Afternoon Ian,

If you can send us an email with a picture to techincal@easygates.co.uk we will be more than happy to identify the panel for you.

Kindest Regards,

Sam.
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Remote for Proteco Q36a Board ProtecoUser 0 15,640 05-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Last Post: ProtecoUser