Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.96 Average
Genius Euro Bat 300 SX - NOT WORKING!
Hi Everyone! 

I currently have a set of Genius Euro Bat 300 SX Swing Gates, which are currently complete out of action. 

I am by no means an expert in this area but I have done a basic inspection to see what the issue may be. I have tried both sets of sensors, either side of the gate, and I can still hear them clicking when I break the sensor signal, so I can only assume they are working fine. 

The intercom system is still powered on and the buzzer and camera are still working fine. This leads me to believe that it is not a power issue either. 

I can only deduce from this, that the motors are shot but is it common for both motors to go at exactly the same time and does this sound like a motor issue to everyone else or am I missing something glaringly obvious? 

Is there anything else that I need to check, which I already haven't to diagnose a potential issue? 

I am assuming that this is a job for someone who knows what they are doing but I just wanted to check that it isn't something basic that could be causing the issue. 

Also does anyone know where I can get hold of a manual release key for the gates?! 

Thanks in advance! 

Ross
(29-01-2019, 05:12 PM)rossflight Wrote: Hi Everyone! 

I currently have a set of Genius Euro Bat 300 SX Swing Gates, which are currently complete out of action. 

I am by no means an expert in this area but I have done a basic inspection to see what the issue may be. I have tried both sets of sensors, either side of the gate, and I can still hear them clicking when I break the sensor signal, so I can only assume they are working fine. 

The intercom system is still powered on and the buzzer and camera are still working fine. This leads me to believe that it is not a power issue either. 

I can only deduce from this, that the motors are shot but is it common for both motors to go at exactly the same time and does this sound like a motor issue to everyone else or am I missing something glaringly obvious? 

Is there anything else that I need to check, which I already haven't to diagnose a potential issue? 

I am assuming that this is a job for someone who knows what they are doing but I just wanted to check that it isn't something basic that could be causing the issue. 

Also does anyone know where I can get hold of a manual release key for the gates?! 

Thanks in advance! 

Ross

Hi Ross,

It is Unusual for both motors to both give at the same time which leads me to believe it is a Panel issue.

Check that the stop input isn't being activated due to a short in the cabling.

if so remove each cable one at a time till the fault ceases to exist this will help you eliminate the fault via a process of elimination.

Also check both capacitors are working if they are not replace these.

Thanks
EasyGates.co.uk - EasyGates Ltd

EasyGates Direct - Trade only accounts.

Smart and Secure Center - Smart Home Products
most prob a blown control board