Thread Rating:
  • 247 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
photocell lights off
Hi,

After arriving this afternoon the gate opened fine, then when closing the gate suddenly openend very fast again. They gate was stuck in open. In the CB11 the red close light was flashing.

In the photocells the lights were all OFF, they are not obstructed by anything. How do I find out if the problem originates from the CB11 power/board, or that the photocells are broken. It is very awkward that they would both fail and loose their respective led/power at the same time.

Should there be 24v between "common" and "close", I measured about 15v. Can I test the photocells in some way?

I have bypassed the photocells for the time being; however, I would like the safety feature reenabled asap.

Anybody encountered this before?
Hello

If the safety has been bypassed and the system is now working, then it will definitely be a fault on the safety photocells,

If you have the old 771E which have a tear drop lense, they have now been replaced by the 772E, which are shown on our website, please see below for product link.

http://easygates.co.uk/product_info.asp?ProductID=767

Just for peace of mind, if you wish to be 100% sure of the diagnosis please see below for the diagnosis of lights

Diagnosis at the Chamberlain failsafe photocell
LED constant = OK
LED flashes = photocell disables control board
LED off = no current, incorrect connection or polarity

Diagnosis on the control board
LED off = OK
LED on constantly = control board disables
LED flashes = OK no photocell connected

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photocell configuration for CB11 Malcolm 5 26,260 28-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Malcolm