Thread Rating:
  • 232 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
Can't reset remote for 5000UK
All the remotes on my Motorlift 5000UK stopped working, though the wired control is still OK. I've tried to reprogram them but they won't register - the green LED next to the reset button comes on but doesn't flash and after a time it goes off again.

In the past I've had no problem doing resets but now I've tried different remotes which I know were working fine and I can see the small transmitting LED coming on at the back. I've tried clearing all the codes from the units's memory and starting again. I've tried cutting the power supply to the garage.

I've also tried slightly different instructions on the back of the unit, in the manual, and from a Chamberlain video, and with the transmitter only a few inches away. Somehow the unit does not seem to be receiving the signal. What can I do next?

Thanks, David
Hello David

On the ML5000, if you hold down the learn button on the motor for 5 seconds that should reset the memory, although the problem you have seems to be with the receiver, rather than the remotes, unfortunately the receiver is built into the main control panel so you will need to replace the logic board, the part code is: 041A4945-1C and can be found on our website:
http://www.easygates.co.uk/product_info....oductID=85

This panel will be a direct replacement pending your garage door remotes work on a 433mhz frequency.

Hope this helps Smile

(06-01-2015, 02:23 PM)david230757 Wrote: All the remotes on my Motorlift 5000UK stopped working, though the wired control is still OK. I've tried to reprogram them but they won't register - the green LED next to the reset button comes on but doesn't flash and after a time it goes off again.

In the past I've had no problem doing resets but now I've tried different remotes which I know were working fine and I can see the small transmitting LED coming on at the back. I've tried clearing all the codes from the units's memory and starting again. I've tried cutting the power supply to the garage.

I've also tried slightly different instructions on the back of the unit, in the manual, and from a Chamberlain video, and with the transmitter only a few inches away. Somehow the unit does not seem to be receiving the signal. What can I do next?

Thanks, David
all working fine again with the new logic board, thanks for your help
Hi David

Great to hear you are all back up and running, if you require any future assistance just let me know Smile

(10-01-2015, 11:55 AM)david230757 Wrote: all working fine again with the new logic board, thanks for your help

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  remote will open but not close garage door Sharon OWest 4 21,724 01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Last Post: DJBenz
  poor remote range PeterH 4 18,688 27-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Mark