Thread Rating:
  • 327 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
LM 800a lamp problem
I have a Liftmaster 800A, about 5 years old, and the lamp in the unit now stays on permanently. Pressing the lamp button on the wall switch causes the normal click from within the unit as though a relay is trying to operate, but the lamp stays on although very slightly dimmer. I've removed the bulb as a temporary solution, but I'd like to repair it if it's not too expensive. Is it a fault on the control board, or is there a separate relay that has stuck closed?

Regards, John
(20-07-2012, 04:51 PM)jgj Wrote: I have a Liftmaster 800A, about 5 years old, and the lamp in the unit now stays on permanently. Pressing the lamp button on the wall switch causes the normal click from within the unit as though a relay is trying to operate, but the lamp stays on although very slightly dimmer. I've removed the bulb as a temporary solution, but I'd like to repair it if it's not too expensive. Is it a fault on the control board, or is there a separate relay that has stuck closed?

Regards, John

You will need to contact Liftmaster as we dont know what is causing that fault. Please get in touch with Liftmaster and they should be able to identify the fault and give you a part number as to what you need to order.

Liftmaster UK Helpline : 01935 823900
EasyGates Manuals - Directory of Manuals and Help Guides

Smart Home Matters - Smart Home News

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional Problem Upandover 1 15,744 27-04-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Upandover
  Problem with Sly300 CB22 not closing Del 1 19,743 21-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Del
  1000A remote problem macallan 5 35,143 24-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Last Post: binsonwilles