Thread Rating:
  • 396 Vote(s) - 2.7 Average
Wind problem.....
For hydraulic operators, motor force should be set to the maximum on the control board. Maximum motor force in this case is adjusted by the bypass valves of each operator ("N.B.:If using hydraulic operators, force should be programmed to maximum level").

If you have problems with the operation of the electric lock you should turning DIP-switch #4 of the DS2 block of DIP-switches (the block with only 4 DIP-switches) to the ON (=UP) position to activate over-pushing and reverse stroke. You are interested in the later: "The "reversing stroke" pushes the leaves to close for a few moments before opening the gate, thus facilitating release of the electric lock."

In my opinion the combination of hydraulic operators (any kind of hydraulic operators - not specifically the ones you mention - which, btw, are quite good ones) with gates that face serious problems with wind forces is a bad combination. I wish I could say otherwise, but that is what my experience suggests. If the bypass valves are set to the maximum force in order to overcome wind, you risk damage to the operators from strong gusts of wind (either to the bypass or stop valves or to the rod which may bend a little and then wear the flange leading to oil leaking out). Electromechanical operators usually last long in such cases but one should select a very sturdy operator and install it correctly (ie keep the suggested installation distances in regards with hinges). Still, in the case of leafs with large surfaces and/or very strong winds (especially gusty ones) there is no guarantee the operators or their fixings won't fail.

A last note: one is required by law to ensure that impact forces exerted by a moving gate leaf are kept within prescribed levels (as per EN 12445 "Industrial, commercial and garage doors and gates - Safety in use of power operated doors - Test methods"). Setting operator force very high or to the maximum to overcome the effects of wind makes complying from difficult to impossible.

Messages In This Thread
Wind problem..... - by Paul64 - 08-07-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: Wind problem..... - by Sav - 09-07-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: Wind problem..... - by thm - 09-07-2014, 09:43 AM
RE: Wind problem..... - by rosierabbit - 26-07-2014, 03:23 PM
RE: Wind problem..... - by thm - 28-07-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: Wind problem..... - by rosierabbit - 06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: Wind problem..... - by Paul64 - 05-08-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: Wind problem..... - by FAACpro - 01-07-2016, 06:23 PM
RE: Wind problem..... - by frenchconnection67 - 09-10-2016, 05:46 PM